Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Week of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite times of the year. I have always loved that a specific day is set aside to give thanks. In our home we talk about thankfulness daily, but I love having an entire day devoted solely to it. This year I have so much to be thankful for, and of course on the top of my list is my sweet Baba's triumphant surgery to remove her lung cancer. We found out today that the lymph nodes that were removed were cancer free, Hallelujah! She actually went home from the hospital today and sounded so much better with some drugs out of her system. She's been sounding pretty loopy to say the least! Secondly, my mom is here. What a blessing. After living apart from her for the past 3 years, having her move here to KY is such a gift! My brother and his family will arrive in town on Tuesday and for the first time in decades, we will all be together for Thanksgiving. Last year Tom was in Iraq and my mom drove up from Alabama with my sister in law and the kids, and we all were missing him terribly, so this year will be extra joyous. There is nothing like family. I am sure at some point in the coming week, we will all irritate each other in some way, but that is life, we love each other warts and all, so we tolerate our differences and try to embrace them with as much love as we can.

I am going to spend this next week just loving on my family, so I will not be posting new items on my website, but the sale is still going, don't miss out, it ends next Saturday night. I may post a bit on the blog, I will just see if something happens that I have to share, or maybe I will find something that will inspire me that I think you will all need to see. I will tell you that I will have some fabulous new specialty items to post next Sunday as well as some amazing antiques (I do have to say I love all of them or else I would not buy them) so be sure to check it out.

I wish each and every one of you a blessed Thanksgiving. I am grateful for you all.

With Love,
Sanya

No comments: