Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's A Snow Day!


What a blessing today’s snow is for our family! Two of our three girls are sick, (Charley too), so I am glad that they have an extra day to rest without having to have an absence from school. It was an adventure today when I tried to get back up the driveway after taking the girls to the doctor’s office. Thankfully we have a wide street, so I backed into the driveway across the street and gunned it up into our driveway. You know when we were house hunting, I never thought about how difficult it would be to have a steep driveway, but it makes for fun, at least the kids think it is! I know that those of you who live in the northeast will have a good laugh at out measly 3 inches of snow, but for us southern California transplants, we are just tickled even if we have flurries! We have found that our area of Kentucky has such wonderfully mild weather. It is never too hot or cold and we don’t get severe weather either. Harsh weather tends to go either above us, or below us, so we just get a touch of everything. I think that is why it is so beautiful here, but even if we have a single digit weather, it generally will not last longer than a day, although those who were living here during the ice storm of 2003 may disagree with me! For us today’s snow was a blessing and a joy to see, even the dog’s had fun playing in it and as I drove to the market to buy goods to make some homemade chicken soup, I saw the neighbor boys making a great snow man and I have not been able to stop smiling since!
I hope your snow days bring you all joy as well!
Blessings,
Sanya

2 comments:

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Sanya, your little pooch looks cold, poor thing not use to all that snow...Its bitter cold here I told hunny its time to head to florida.. Im wishing for my retirement...
Keep warm sweet angel :)
Jo
xoxox

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I love your puppy! So cute.

~Tracie