Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name.....







Is just NOT the same!!!! I had to share my excitement over finding these Iceberg roses today!! Iceberg roses are my most favorite breed of roses and I had lots of them in both my front and back yards when I lived in California. I have not been able to find them here in Lexington at a nursery anywhere, so imagine my excitement when I saw these today. I was out hunting for white mums (which by the way are also hard to find here), so I ran into this roadside nursery because I saw their white mums from the car and I spotted the roses at the back of the nursery and thought I was seeing things! The old lady that owns the place said that she is the only nursery in town that grows them and they are her favorite as well. I bought some for myself as well as for my mom (who was also just beside herself!), and the nursery also had gorgeous pink English roses that were to die for, so this weekend will be a fun weekend for my Mom and I to bond over some gardening before going out to the horse races.....but that I will leave for another day....

Enjoy!


Sanya


1 comment:

Linda said...

Sanya,

Beautiful roses, have fun planting and have a lovely weekend
Linda